Whether you like beef, chicken or straight beans, these chimichanga’s are delicious and fun to make.
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup re-fried beans
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup prepared salsa
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 bunch green onion, chopped
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat a large pot and add enough enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pot.
2) Caramelize the onion for a coupled of minutes and add the shredded chicken, re-fried beans, sour cream, prepared salsa, shredded mozzarella, green onion, oregano, chili powder and cumin.
3) Mix the mixture through and heat through.
4) Prepare your fryer by adding enough oil to deep fry in a pan or fryer.
5) Lay a flour tortilla on your work surface and spread about 3/4 cup of the filling onto the tortilla and roll it up like a burrito.
6) Place it seam side down in the fryer and hold it down in the fryer and either seal them with a toothpick or hold them down with your tongs in the oil to prevent them unraveling.
7) Deep fry for about 3-4 minutes or until they start to turn golden.
8) Remove and add prepared salsa, sour cream and freshly chopped lettuce. Serve and enjoy!